Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bloggers From Armenia (Caucasus) / Blogger aus Armenien (Kaukasus)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

www.blogrel.com


Armenien is lovely

htttp://www.blogrel.com/about/htm wrote:

What is Blogrel?
Blogrel is a blog. It’s not a real word of course, just something I made up from blog and grel (to write in Armenian). The word blog comesfrom "weblog". A weblog is, literally, a ‘log’ of the web - a diary-style site, in which the author (a weblogger, or ‘blogger’) links to other web pages he or she finds interesting. Blogrel is a blog about Armenia. My objective is to create an online place for news about Armenia, which is easy to use and points to a wide varietyof online news sources, Armenian web sites, discussion groups, and the like.

Where do you get your information?
I monitor a variety of different websites and email groups which cover news and commentary connected with Armenia or Armenians. I provide links to this information in one handy place.

Who are you?
My name is Matt Malcomson and I started Blogrel in March of 2004. OK, I am the first to admit it, I am not Armenian! I am a British guy who travelled to Armenia, fell in love with both the people and the scenery, and decided to try and build a small hotel in the village of Tatev. My Armenian friends often commented that I knew more about the latest news from Armenia than they did, so I decided to start this blog. There are many fine sources of information about Armenia out there on the web, but no one place to keep track of them all, so I decided to create one. My project didn't work out, but I have kept my fondness for Armenia and continue to travel there when I can to hike in the mountains, meet my friends, and eat wonderful lavash.
During 2005 I will move from Japan to France, and I have handed over the controls to Katy, who has brought a great deal of energy and experience to my site. Along with Katy are Hovakim, Onnik, and Garo, all living in Armenia. We have one thing in common - we care about Armenia and love to discuss it!

I want my information published, what should I do?
You can write to me with ideas, tips, or any information you want me to publish, but I will only publish information that I can verify and that does not contain any derogatory statements, unsubstantiated claims, or other falsehoods.

Commenting
This site is not a discussion forum in that you cannot start discussions, but you can make a comment on something I have posted. There is a link at the bottom of each post for this purpose. Please note that all posts should not be off-topic, i.e. they should be strictly related to the post above, and should contain no profanities (rude words), derogatory statements, racist comments, bigotry, you know the drill.

Advertising
This site features ads from Google. I accept advertising on this to defray the costs of hosting this site. The ads that appear are not chosen by me but by Google, and are based on the content in the page in which they appear. I have no control of what ads appear, but I can stop certain sites from appearing if there is a good reason. If you find ads are particularly innapropriate please let me know.

If you want to advertise on this site please contact me.

Tools
You can use an RSS reader to view headlines from this site. If you don't know what RSS is, then read this short primer on RSS. Then come back and load this link into your RSS reader.
If you want to keep up on the latest books about Armenia then this RSS feed will give a list of constantly updated search results for books about Armenia at amazon.com.

No comments: