Friday, February 17, 2006

Sighnagi is a very charming small city situated on a hill

It is in the eastern part of Georgia, in Kakheti region. This region is famous from agriculture, grapes (and therefore good wine) and hot climate. There is just one hotel in Sighnagi which was under reconstruction at the time of my arrival there. Nevertheless the nice old man and old lady invited me to stay at this hostel despite that there was no electricity and warm water at that time. I was thankful since it was getting dark. However I was lucky because it was a full moon time. I remember eating supper by the open balcony door and candles brought by the charming old man. Afterwards I was sitting with this nice couple at the bench before entrance to the hotel. We were talking and looking at the moon. They were recollecting good old times when the hotel was full of guests from different part of the Soviet Union. By Emilia Malys

[nice photos >>>] TrekEarth

No comments: