Saturday, October 24, 2009

PHOTOREPORTAGE: Georgia in motion from Magnum Photographers (magnumphotos.com/essays)

(1) Georgian Spring by Gueorgui Pinkhassov
The Argonauts came here in their quest for the Golden Fleece.
It was here that Prometheus was chained to the rocks.
Gods lived here.
Georgian Spring website
Gueorgui Pinkhassov's portfolio

(2) Georgian Spring by Alex Majoli
This work is about the same story of war, same historical phantoms, same questions.
Georgian Spring website
Alex Majoli's portfolio

(3) Georgian Spring by Antoine D'Agata
"And may he return without the help of any man or god"
-Odyssey, Book V, 31-32



(4) Georgian Spring by Alec Soth
"So for my visit, I decided to go looking for the most beautiful woman I could find. Over the course of several weeks, I traveled the entire country.
In a small Northern village I found N., the most beautiful woman in Georgia."
-Alec Soth


(5) Georgian Spring by Thomas Dworzak
"The President was very relaxed with me, and went the extra lenght to take me places where other presidents would not take their photographers: into closed meetings, to lunches and dinners, behind the scenes at the UN..."
-Thomas Dworzak

No comments: